Start a new topic

'Connect With' wording - Review Engine

I've had a few people tell me that the submit review process is confusing, simply because of the 'Connect With' label.

I know I can remove this altogether but I'd rather be able to change it on a page/product basis to something a little more instructive such as 'Submit Review using one of these:' or similar.

Is this a possible future feature that could be added - both globally and on a page basis?

1 person likes this idea

I would love to know this as well please. Where do I go to change this text?

Too bad there's not even a reply from them. Would be great if they added option to change the text.

For now you can change it yourself. There are at least 4 ways to do this:

1. edit the plugin. Not recommended.

2. use the po translations file. You can create an english "translation" with your custom text string. There's an article on this site about translating. Codestyling plugin is gone. Use poedit.

3. use scripting. Put the following in the page content, or use a text widget to put it on every page that displays that widget. With this code you can include html elements within the ""

<script>
jQuery(".wps-fbre-connect").html("Your custom text... ")
</script>

4. use CSS. Simply put following in the custom css of the review engine settings :

.wps-fbre-connect {
font-size: 0px;   /* hides the original text */
}

.wps-fbre-connect::after {
content: "Your custom text...";
font-size: 13px; /* change size to your needs */
}

Sorry, scripting example was wrong, as jquery should be run after document is ready. Use this instead:

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function () {
    jQuery(".wps-fbre-connect").html("Your custom text... ");
});
</script>

Login or Signup to post a comment